Fun Fish is right around the corner and if you plan on attending Fun Fish this year here are all the things you need to know before you go!
What is Fun Fish?
Fun Fish is a FREE kid fishing event for children ages 3-16 hosted by the Water Oriented Recreation District of Comal County (WORD). Fun Fish is an educational and fun event that gives children and their families the opportunity to spend a day outdoors learning about fishing, water safety, and more! This year, Fun Fish will be held on Sunday, February 23, 2020, at Camp Huaco Springs in New Braunfels (4150 River Road). Texas Parks and Wildlife stocks 2,000 trout the morning of the event to help make your child’s fishing experience a little easier. Not too keen on fishing? No problem! There will be local organizations with fun, interactive education stations for your child to enjoy throughout the duration of the event!
Things to Remember:
- Fun Fish is a FREE event. There will be no charge for food, drinks, bait, tackle, or to enter this event.
- Registration is on the day of the event beginning at 10:30 am to about 2 pm. There will be no pre-registration and no waivers will be collected before 10:30 am on the day of the event.
- Loaner fishing poles are on a “first-come, first-serve” basis. It is recommended that you bring your own pole in order to guarantee a fishing pole.
- Fishing licenses are not required for children 3-16 years, and no adult fishing is permitted during this event. Parents may assist children with fishing but may not individually fish throughout the event.
- Absolutely no fishing will be permitted until 12 pm.
- The child must be present at the end of the tournament to win prizes and awards.
- No child drop-offs are permitted.
- No swimming is allowed during this event.
- No pets are allowed during this event.
- Registration opens at 10:30 am and will close at 2:30 p.m.
- Educations will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Fishing Tournament will begin at 12 p.m. and will end at 3 p.m.
- Bingo Winners and Awards Ceremony will begin at 3:10 p.m.
Contact Beverly at firstname.lastname@example.org for volunteer opportunities and questions!