Doug Carver – President
Jennifer Bretzke – V. President
Lynn Lindsay – Secretary
Shane Wolf – Treasurer
Schedule of WORD Board Meetings
Board meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
Location: 1928 FM 2673, Canyon Lake, TX 78133.
Exceptions will be noted on the agenda.
2019 Board Meetings
This schedule is subject to change based on holidays and other circumstances. Please check our website for updates and changes.
2018 Board Meetings
To carry out the mandate, W.O.R.D. issues permits to water-related businesses allowing them to collect user fees from customers visiting the district. The majority of the collected fees are expended on services such as:
- Regular clean-up efforts along the river, lake, and popular roadways.
- Law enforcement and emergency medical services.
- Contributions to local projects and organizations to promote and improve the district.
- Community education and outreach programs to promote safe and responsible water recreation.
- Public health and sanitation to include dumpsters and portable toilets for public use.
Click here for W.O.R.D.’s 2019 budget (PDF).